St John the Evangelist

Church Building

The Parish Church of St. John the Evangelist, Withycombe Raleigh is a large and attractive building, built in 1865 to accommodate the growing population of the village and to replace the much smaller and older church of St. Michael and All Angels, which was located near the school. It has a number of interesting features: a stained glass window by Morris & Co. lovely plaster column capitals depicting various forms of flora and fauna, including a red squirrel, a good and well maintained 3 manual organ

IMG_0767